Tuesday 10 July 2012

Journalist Sports:Giggs excited



Giggs Excited



LONDON: Captain of Team GB, Ryan Giggs can not wait to play in the 2012 London Olympics are considered a last chance for him to appear in major tournaments.

Manchester United midfielder was selected among the top three over-aged players, including Craig Bellamy and Micah Richards in the Olympic squad of 18 players.


Despite a long career of excellence, London 2012 will be the first tournament with Giggs on the international stage.

The 38-year-old, who was appointed captain of Wales on Tuesday failed to qualify for the World Cup and European Championship before retiring from international football arena in 2007.


Thus he wanted to give the best action on the summer games.


"I never thought I would get another chance to play in international tournaments," he said.

"I do not have the opportunity to participate in the main tournament with Wales, which will remain a major failure in my career until whenever.


"But it is a great thing when the experience to play in major tournaments that I have never felt before.

"I had a day to be here but I can not wait to feel the experience." Giggs was originally expected to be paired with former team-mates at United, David Beckham in Team GB at this summer but the LA Galaxy midfielder was not on the list. - Agency

Source: http://www.hmetro.com.my/myMetro/articles/Giggsteruja/Article/index_html
Metro Online

No comments:

Post a Comment